Overview - Piers Ridyard, CEO
First off - I have to give a huge shout out to world cruiserweight champion, Lawerence Okolie, for successfully defending his title in the London O2 Arena. Lawrence had his Radix Revelation earlier this year and has gone DEEP into Radix, he has been an active member of the Radix community and we got the chance to support him back when he stepped into the ring. Seeing him walking down to the ring in the O2 at London with Anthony Joshua wearing a jacket with the Radix logo prominently on his chest and shorts was a game-changer for Radix awareness. Congrats again!
It was been great to see Radix featured in the CoinTelegraph research report (alongside Solana, Polkadot, and Algorand) on whether the future of DeFi still belongs to Ethereum - it is a super interesting read around how the seemingly unassailable lead of Ethereum is slowly being chipped away - you can read the full report here, and it will be further syndicated across CoinTelegraph, Bloomberg, S&P Global and other major terminals on Monday morning.
Lastly, for those of a particularly technical persuasion, please do lookout for the upcoming discussion between Dan and myself where we dive into the details of what levels need to be gone to in order to optimize the overhead created by messages on a decentralized ledger, and how some (relatively) new cryptography like BLS signatures can be leveraged to do some really cool stuff (outside of ZKPs). Follow us on Twitter or join our Telegram Announcements channel to make sure you catch that when it comes out.
Strategy & Marketing (Adam Simmons, CSO & Jeremy Epstein, CMO)
We’ve steadily increased our focus on community alignment through our first (APAC & EU) Wen-Marketing call (see future call list here), our fortnightly calls with the Community Marketing Council, and our first Radvocate call. Plus, our Discord marketing channel remains strong. The stronger the alignment between RDX Works and the community, the more marketing success we will have.
To that end, community members are continuing to schedule “Radix Revelation” MeetUps around the world. A 2nd event is booked for Lexington Kentucky, along with a first in NYC on May 1st, which I intend to attend in person. Very excited about that…Thank you, Eli.
Our Radvocate Event Ambassadors are in the planning stages for events in Singapore, Washington, London, and San Diego. You can stay up to date on Radix events by joining the meetup Telegram or Discord.
If you are interested in hosting a “Radix Revelation” MeetUp in your area, here’s a draft of the “Meet-Up in a box” to help you get started. Reach out to @Jacob_XRD via Telegram to begin planning your event.
Keeping on the theme of events, we have also just launched the new events page that will feature all confirmed upcoming events that either RDX Works or the community are putting together. We’re still in the process of populating the page, so make sure to check back frequently to see if there are events near you!
- For those of you in EMEA, you’re going to meet Farah, our new community liaison, who just started this week.
- Work on the next set of changes to the main Radix homepage is now with the web team. Some of you may have already seen the changes to the headline messaging, and we’re expanding that with some dedicated pages that go one layer deeper on the key-value pillars of the Radix DeFi tech stack.
- If you are a talented Memer…join the Radix Meme Squad
And we continue to improve the cost efficacy of our ad spend as well as test new outlets, such as Reddit. For example, by optimizing for site visits across our campaigns we can reduce our Twitter marketing costs by 39%.
Lastly, let us know what you think of the updated messaging on our home page.
Development (Russell Harvey, CTO & Matthew Hine, CPO)
The Scrypto/REv2 team has emerged from a two week "answer all the hard questions" offsite with a slew of settled designs and a series of planned milestones straight through to the migration of the Olympia mainnet to the Babylon version. We had lengthy discussions on Scrypto features & terminology, the state storage model, how fees will work, royalties, the transaction model, spam prevention, Olympia migration, interfaces at every layer of the stack, and how we will handle testing all of the above. Only the strongest ideas were able to survive the crucible of nonstop debate, and everyone's neural plasticity is now in fighting trim for the year to come.
Over the next week, we will be integrating this much clearer picture of all the work needed to get to Babylon with the whole company, will begin pressure testing the design work, and will create a complete roadmap to a confident, successful Babylon rollout that all the teams can agree on and commit to. Stay tuned for a blog post on that soon.
Update from the Radix Community*
- The next event that we’re attending is CRYPTOWORLDCON which runs from April 1st to 2nd and expects over 10,000 attendees. We have a speaker who will talk about why Scrypto is awesome and why Radix is a gamechanger for DeFi. We are partnering with community project owners who will also be talking to attendees about Radix and answering their questions. Our goal with these events is to increase awareness, encourage more people to explore Radix’s ecosystem, and get new people to join our community. If you would like to participate in future events with us to spread the word about Radix and the Radix community, reach out to @denizdenizdeniz or @stefanpersson to find out more. We will have our events calendar posted on our new website by the middle of this month.
- We’re on track to launch a new website by the week of the 21st, and the goal of this site is really to create a low friction experience for first time users, and to provide a path for people to explore the ecosystem and see the projects that already exist and are being built. The first version will not be perfect, but we will improve it faster moving forward. We’re excited to show you all what we’ve been working on and we hope that you like the new look. Once we launch, we’ll be ready to receive feedback to help us start planning improvements for V2.
- We’re looking for community members that would be interested in helping to run our social media accounts on Twitter to start with, and other social media in the near term as well and this is a paid role! If you are passionate about Radix and would like to help, get in touch with @denizdenizdeniz or @stefanpersson.
- Some news from local communities: RDX Works CEO Piers Ridyard will have an AMA on DeFiTeddy's discord channel tomorrow at 11 am UTC. Kripto Emre mentioned Radix sponsoring the unbeatable WBO World Champion Lawrence Okolie in his video and it was viewed more than 30k. The Indonesian community continues to learn about Scrypto v0.3 and the improved wallet via amazing infographics. Radix was mentioned on Tradepunks’ blog and he launched a Twitter campaign for those who follow Radix accounts and joined the Japanese community. A total of 1500 XRD was given to three winners and thanks to this giveaway we have increased the Japanese group by 70% since last month!
*Updates provided by members of the Radix community.