Overview (Adam Simmons, CSO)
I’m filling in for Piers in this Radix Report, and want to use the column inches to give a bit more of a look to the future, and what we’re building up to.
As Jeremy mentions below, the marketing team is currently focused on increasing the amount of word-of-mouth sharing around Radix.
A big ethos behind this is what I like to think of as 1-degree of separation marketing; it’s hard to reach (and get mindshare from) the most influential/impactful people directly. Afterall, people are bombarded with bold claims 24/7, so naturally, we filter. Yet, when someone trusted tells us we should take a closer look at something, we do. This is where word of mouth becomes so powerful.
In September we have some major activities, such as attending Messari Mainnet & Token 2049, that help drive awareness. But word of mouth isn’t just about awareness, it’s also about ensuring people are confident in lending Radix some of their “social capital” - which is why milestones such as the Babylon Alphanet, or getting published regularly in press outlets, are so important.
However, what we cannot forget is that gaining credibility isn’t just down to the technology, but what people do with it. This is why it’s so important to celebrate the continued success Scrypto developers are having, such as the entries into the latest Scrypto challenge, even in this early stage.
Looking further forward, Q4 will see a ramp up in activity as we prepare for the Babylon Betanet. This will see an increased focus on getting Radix into the consciousness of the broader industry, and users, as we begin to seed the excitement for Babylon and the opportunity the new Radix DeFi ecosystem going live in 2023 will present.
As each day passes, Babylon edges closer. Momentum grows. But remember, we are all here to realize the same vision, a radically better global financial system.
Fulfilling that vision won’t be easy, there will be bumps, but if we all work together to help spread the word, welcome those who join us, support and celebrate the success of those who build in the Radix ecosystem, I know we will look back proudly knowing we were part of such a revolutionary moment and movement.
Strategy & Marketing (Jeremy Epstein, CMO)
A full update on Marketing is available in yesterday’s Marketing Wen-sday Shard #7. Enjoy!
Development (Russell Harvey, CTO & Matthew Hine, CPO)
It should surprise no one that Alphanet has been the word of the day every day for the past few weeks on the tech side of the house. The shipping feature set has been nailed down and we’re cranking through a couple of last iterations on implementation before we get into packaging and documentation. We’re on track to release this month, as planned, bringing us one big step closer to Babylon and demonstrating that Scrypto works on a distributed network.
Concurrent with the release of Alphanet, we will be shutting down the Public Test Environment, and developers will need to download a new browser extension in order to target Alphanet for testing. Testing locally with resim will, of course, still be possible.
In Scrypto news, the portfolio management challenge has ended, and you can read about the winning entries here! As has become wonderfully predictable, we had some seriously impressive submissions, including some by newcomers to development. Anyone doubting that Scrypto has put real DeFi development within practical reach need only have a look at the challenges repository to see just how quickly the precursors of an ecosystem are being created.
On to Alphanet!
Update from the Radix Community*
- New community competition alert! Simplify Atomic Composability into something newbies can understand easily. Use #WTFIsAtomicComposability, #Radix and #XRD on Twitter. Top 3 winners will get 1500, 1000, and 500 XRD. The competition will end on the 16th September at 8pm UTC!
- As part of the Blockchain Expo Europe 2022 in Amsterdam between 20-21 September, RDX Works CMO Jeremy Epstein answered some interesting questions, check it out!
- If you are a project owner and you can't attend the Blockchain Expo Europe 2022 in Amsterdam between 20-21 September, you can send us your printed marketing collateral such as flyers or t-shirts and we’ll distribute them to event attendees. If you’re interested in this, please get in touch with @denizdenizdenize to get details.
- We interviewed Roidboiz creator @Enigma_xrd and talked about his journey, how his creative process works, where some of the inspiration comes from for Roidboiz artwork, and some exciting news for his project’s supporters. Check out the interview here: https://getradix.com/updates/communityspotlight/roidboiz-interview
- Thank you everyone who completed the Radix Community Project Quiz Vol:2! This was the second quiz on community projects and it got a CES/CSAT score of 95 and 4.8/5 stars overall. Stay tuned for the next ones. Here are the winners of 500 XRD and Radix Community T-shirts: https://getradix.com/updates/news/2022-09-07-community-updates
*Updates provided directly by members of the Radix community.