Piers Ridyard, CEO – Radix DLT
One of the most important milestones for Radix (to me) after the launch of Olympia was always going to be the security of the network. Having passed $100m in staked value after only 5 days is both incredible and humbling.
Network security can never be assumed; it requires the efforts of thousands of people working together to create and maintain. I want to give a massive thank you to all the Radix token holders and community members that have made this possible and meant that we reached this important milestone so quickly.
I look forward to working towards $500m, and then to $1Bn. Every milestone we breakthrough on the way puts the Radix public network closer to being a safe and secure place for the future of finance to be built and to thrive.
If you haven’t staked yet, please do so! It is a win/win/win for everyone involved: users, developers, and token holders. Let’s do this!
Strategy & Marketing
Adam Simmons, Head of Strategy - Radix DLT
It’s been a flurry of good news this week, with the Radix mainnet hitting milestone after milestone. Here are some of the highlights:
- Radix Network Emissions have started, which distribute 300m XRD to those who stake validator nodes. This is currently generating a yearly reward of about 38%** for those staking to validators. Find out more about staking here.
- Over 35%+ of XRD is already staked**! It took less than one week to reach this incredible milestone. There are over 133 validators registered to the network, with nodes all over the world. This is fantastic for the decentralization of the network and we are pleased to see such a great response to node running and staking!
- Over $100m** of tokens are now staked on the Radix Mainnet! Another huge staking milestone that demonstrates the long-term commitment of the XRD holders to the security of the network. This stake is also well distributed across the validator set, further helping security and decentralization.
- Radix Twitter hit 50k followers, and it only took 5 days to go from 40K! This increase in followers has also increased the total views on Radix tweets to over 50m in the last 28 days! Across all the main social channels, Radix accounts are up 34% in the last two weeks, thanks to the strong Olympia marketing campaigns.
- In the Radix Telegram, there have been over 12,000 messages in the last two weeks. Our busiest period since the token sale last year. This was paired with a 17% increase in daily active users. Over on the Radix Discord, things were also growing with over 6000 messages sent, 33.5% up compared to the last two weeks. The node-runner channel was one of the busiest, as the 133 validators registered on the network were busy discussing their nodes with the community.
- In other good news, Radix DLT founder Dan got everyone excited with a draft of his Cassandra whitepaper.
Russell Harvey, CTO & Matthew Hine, Head of Product - Radix DLT
Matt and Russ are currently hidden away in a house somewhere in the UK and are busily planning how we will conquer the world, one developer at a time.
In the interim, the rest of the tech team is starting the important work of identifying bugs and implementing improvements on the public ledger software, the Wallet, Instabridge, and Instapass. Work doesn’t stop when you launch, it just gets more iterative :-D
Media & Community
Another two exciting weeks have passed. After covering some social media highlights, let’s do a deep dive into some of the international community activities!
- DataDash: In one of the most visible Radix interviews ever, Piers talks to the highly respected DataDash. If you haven’t seen it, check it out now!
- Cryptobirb: Piers had his excellent August interview with CryptoBirb, giving the latest updates about the six new product releases, including Olympia mainnet and staking!
You may be surprised to see some new updates on the global communities. The community has been working relentlessly behind the scenes! Here are some updates from the international groups:
- Turkey: The Turkish Radix community has been one of the most active and highly engaged groups in the Radixverse- its members increased 7% within the last two weeks! Our friend Kripto Emre mentioned Radix in one of his latest videos, reaching 34k views!
- Indonesia: It is not that long ago since the marketing activities in Indonesia started, and thanks to this very active community, the Indonesian Telegram channel has seen 65% growth in the last month, reaching 1684 members! Radix mainnet news have been covered in top tier Indonesian media Jpnn, Sindonews, Planet.merdeka.com, Beritasatu, Republika and in crypto media Coinvestasi, Cryptoharian, Digitalis. Radix was analysed by Indonesian local Youtubers such as Duta Crypto, Bang Jos TV, Yt Tun and Crypto Hunters Bitcoin.
- China, Japan and Korea: Starting from mid-June, Radix has been focusing more on its Chinese community members, aiming to engage more deeply with Chinese crypto users of each segment (early contributors, developers and newcomers, crypto enthusiasts).
So far, the local team has revised the moderation process of the Radix Wechat community (3 groups, total of 1,100 members), assisted the rebranding for the Radix Wechat official account, hosted an AMA event that was attended by an impressive 10,000 people in real-time and appeared in multiple media outlets locally.
The plan is to expand marketing to other blockchain agnostic groups, to create an official account on Bihu, to share Radix videos on the popular local streaming platform BiliBili, to celebrate a successful launch with local supporters through several memorial campaigns (give-away, Radvocate programs etc).
Radix will also appear in the Japanese and Korean crypto and blockchain space in the very near future - currently, there are preparations happening for a DeFi-focused collaborative event that will be highlighted by top crypto media and KOLs (key opinion leaders) in all three countries (Japan, Korea, China). Please look forward to it; the community has big plans!
*Updates provided by members of the Radix community. It may contain inaccuracies.
**Data as of 12:00 UTC August 17th 2021