Crypto is a growing industry that has the potential to change the world for both good and bad. Whether it changes it for the better or worse will strongly depend on the ethics and common values of those who build, and those that the community chooses to support.
Radix’s goal is to provide a platform that makes using and building DeFi as easy and safe as possible. Everything starts and ends with helping the builder, and the industry, be as successful as possible. Founders who build on Radix and behave unethically put the reputation of the entire community, and indirectly, the industry at risk.
The starting point is WHY you build - are you building because you see an opportunity to make something that delivers value to others, or only because it delivers value to yourself? While only you know your north star, motives and integrity carry immense weight in emerging industries.
As a result we encourage those who build in the Radix community to publicly commit to ethical behavior. The Radix Builders Pledge is that public commitment to ethical behavior.
- To treat co-founders and team members with fairness and respect.
- To not use misleading, dishonest or illegal sales tactics.
- To be honest with investors and partners.
- To never trade on information that is not yet known to the public.
- To actively prevent insider trading by our team, advisors and investors.
- To treat our own community, and the Radix community, with respect.
- To never harass or threaten any co-founder, Radix community member, employee or anyone else.
- To protect the privacy and confidentiality of our users, fellow builders and community members.
- To ensure our company/project resolves security issues promptly and appropriately.
- To not behave in a way that damages the reputation of our company or of the Radix community.
- To keep our word, including honoring handshake deals and contractual obligations.
- To treat the money invested in us or our project with the utmost respect, to be exclusively used to further the goals of the project.
- Treat the assets trusted to us, our company, our DAO, our project, or controlled by our code, with the utmost care.
- To always operate in good faith.
While a pledge alone cannot entirely prevent misconduct, our belief is that ethical foundations should shape DeFi’s future, and taking steps such as these help others align with that vision.
Help us spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter and other social media using #BuildOnRadix.