Our Q3 objective is “Radix is a Growing WOM Phenomenon”. (Here’s Shard #5 to catch you up.)
To get you warmed up, check out the great Consensus wrap video and the world class “Smooth as Vegan Butter” Foo Hack documentary. Let us know what you think.
So, in Q3, we selected 3 Key Results for Marketing to help us focus our efforts and to support our claim that we have, in fact, begun to accomplish this goal. (For a refresher on the OKR paradigm, please reference Shard 2).
Q3 Key Results
- Grow organic site visits by 2.25x
- Maintain the ratio of XRD Wallet Growth to Email List growth
- Grow XRD wallets >2000 XRD to 15k from 9k
Ok, so how are we doing?
The good news is that we continue to see net positive growth week over week. The bad news is that it is not fast enough. We’re just around 1% growth per week in total wallets with >2000 XRD in them.
Organic Site Visits
We won't be able to share the exact numbers here, not because I’m afraid of accountability, but for two other reasons.
The primary reason is that I’m not 100% satisfied with the way we track this information. Due to some issues both on our site and with the number of people who use cookie-blocking extensions in the crypto space, we are still working on a reliable solution for tracking this KPI.
Email list vs. Wallet Growth
For those of you who read the Shard carefully (looking at you Andrew %%), you’ll notice that this KR is different than the one we listed in Shard 5.
That’s because we realized that focusing just on email list growth didn’t have enough of a balance for quality of list growth. So we added a modifier, which is that we seek to maintain the growth of the email list with the growth of meaningful wallets. We’ve only been tracking this for about 2 weeks and it’s flat, which is to be expected.
The two biggest “wins” of July were
Build your first DeFi Smart Contract - Scrypto Developer Event Series on July 23rd which had nearly 250 total attendees in 5 different cities throughout Europe, which also resulted in the highest single day spike in sign ups to the developer mailing list that we’ve ever had. You can check out the video here.
1 year anniversary party celebrating the non-stop running of the Radix Mainnet with 22 gatherings in cities around the world, including a large number in Asia, on July 28th. Here are just a few of the pics and a collage of videos sent in from around the world!
Other July Highlights
- Nearly 700 unique clones of GitHub, which, if we continue would outpace our stellar Q2 performance by 5% (but I believe we’ll see even more growth there)
- Hosted a DeFi summit in Jersey for nearly 300 people. Check out Piers’ presentation
- Picked 4 winning Dandelion submissions (out of 60+ entries) to be part of our first cohort. These will be announced shortly.
- Hosted our first University-focused event, Intro to Radix: University Zoom Chat on July 12, with nearly 60 attendees from more than 20 different universities around the world.
- Grew our community by nearly 800 people
- Andy was one of the featured speakers at the AWS FinTech Executive Forum in London on July, 20th, which was reat recognition that Radix is perceived as a thought leader in the next generation of FinTech.
- Got published in HackerNoon about the challenge of DevEx and saw a nice story about RedFoo on Yahoo. Plus, we’ve had a number of requests for comments from reporters in other outlets, which is a bullish sign.
- Was told by a top-tier VC that “Radix has the best community pound-for-pound in all of crypto.”
Looking Ahead to the rest of the quarter…
This quarter, we are a bit more back loaded on activity.
We’ll naturally continue to drive our meet-ups, content/Rekt Retweets, increase our PR efforts, Dandelion, GitHub clones, and more (e.g. makes sure you spread the word about the upcoming Web3 in 90 minutes event for devs). For example, you’ll see a new community/eco-system focused communications rhythm begin, which will celebrate the incredible work and excitement that is surrounding Radix all over the world. We will also continue to work on promoting the great content we have been producing to help more people experience the power of the #RadixRevelation.
We’ve also welcomed two new members of the team, Becs, our Director of Marketing to help us further integrate our marketing efforts and drive results, and Conor our new Social Media Manager, who is going to be bringing more personality and swagger to our social channels.
At the same time, we’re putting a lot of focus on September to give us a strong push on the road to BetaNet.
At that time, you’ll see a new campaign designed to get more people to put skin into the XRD game. You’ll also see us exhibit at Token2049 in Singapore and Messari Mainnet in New York. Both of these are at the end of September and the announcement will be coming out shortly.
We are looking forward to questions/comments/ideas in our Wen-Marketing Discord and, as always, we are grateful for your support.