What is the job?
RDX Works is looking for a highly experienced Group Finance Director who is a first class accountant with at least 5 years recent experience in a similar position managing across multiple entities, jurisdictions and currencies. The role will suit someone who is predominantly a financial accountant with a strong experience in statutory accounts, tax calculations and working with audit partners. Given the crypto currencies aspects involved, fund accounting experience would be beneficial.
You will have a track record of financial reporting, creating subsidiary accounts and group consolidations for Companies House filings using UK GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS. You will account for intercompany revenues and costs. You will support compiling all entities’ data for regulatory filings and year end accounts.
You are used to undertaking all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting and developing internal control policies and procedures across the group. Direct or indirect exposure to IT audits would be beneficial.
You will lead monthly reporting across entities and prepare quarterly interim accounts.
You will have strong experience managing risk and compliance from a financial, tax, legal and IT perspective, creating robust internal controls which mitigate key risks whilst keeping the business agile, including checks and balances for a variety of assets and liabilities.
You will account for intercompany revenues and costs. You will support compiling all entities’ data for regulatory filings and year end accounts. You will also take a key role in administering various bonus, options and distribution schemes.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for all group entities and consolidated accounts
- Manage month-end and year-end close process, ensuring reconciliations across all accounts and all assets held have been accurately completed and balances correctly reported
- Prepare interim statements as required to show sufficient distributable reserves for dividends
- Manage and comply with local and government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Engage with audit partners to ensure accurate filings and regulatory compliance.
- Working with the Finance Assistant, manage all accounts operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting; staff payments including payroll, PAYE, pensions, bonuses and contractor payments.
- Develop and maintain accurate registers of options holders and shareholders, and of any dividend distributions.
What are we looking for?
- You are a highly experienced, dependable, detail oriented Finance Director who is outstanding in managing all aspects on the accounting side for a large and rapidly growing company.
- You are orderly and precise and ensure everything is completed to exacting standards. Your spreadsheets are immaculate and you take pride in ensuring everything is reconciled and correct.
- You have a calm and logical approach and can have a determination and drive to work through extremely complex challenges. You are comfortable with uncertainty and change e.g. tax guidance on cryptocurrencies is evolving.
- Whilst you have a low risk tolerance you understand that new paradigms in a rapidly evolving industry may require new approaches.
- You’re comfortable engaging with service providers like lawyers and accountants and you ask the right questions to reach the root of issues to get to the right answer.
- From the deep understanding you develop you are able to explain intricate problems simply.
- This is currently a small team in a rapidly growing business. You will have the opportunity to build the team reporting to you. You must have experience managing teams and getting the best out of people.
- One of our values is: “Strong opinions, weakly held” which will resonate with your desire to be correct and your humility in listening to ideas.
What do you need?
- 15+ years post qualification experience
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified or equivalent with demonstrably strong technical knowledge, i.e. you understand what the numbers mean and why they are there.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Experience working with month end reconciliations, year end accounts, budgets.
- First-rate Excel skills creating and manipulating spreadsheets, including 3 statement modelling
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities in a group structure, preferably across multiple jurisdictions, including transfer pricing
- Multi-currency consolidation experience.
- Experience with creating financial forecasts and statements
- Excellent (native level) spoken and written English.
- Strong working experience with Tier 3 financial systems such as Xero and/or experience implementing Tier 3 financial systems such as Netsuite or similar systems.
Things That Will Really Help You Stand Out
- Management of a “very large” corporate on a quarterly reporting and tax payment schedule.
- Previous management of bonus and options schemes and dividend distributions
- Experience in working with regulatory issues and compliance
- Bonus: funds management experience
- Bonus: knowledge, understanding of and enthusiasm for crypto currencies and DeFi
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RDX Works - Who are we?
You’ve heard of Bitcoin (BTC) - the world’s first decentralized peer-to-peer digital money system - and Ethereum (ETH) - the decentralized computer for the world. Radix (XRD) builds on these concepts to deliver the decentralized infrastructure for global finance (aka decentralised finance, “DeFi”) with the Radix network.
RDX Works is the technology team who built the core of the Radix network and continue to support the project. We're a driven team who believe we’re at the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. DeFi is already enabling pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product, without requiring the central authorities or siloed infrastructure of traditional institutions.
DeFi has grown assets under management from $1 billion to $100 billion in less than a year. This is still a rounding error on the $111 trillion dollars+ held in traditional finance. Nonetheless, the current decentralized public ledgers that DeFi is running on have fundamental challenges in security, scaling and parallelisation of transactions.
Radix has gone back to first principles to develop the right technical solution and created the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi. An infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite for mass adoption. Radix is also blazing a new trail in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
At RDX Works we're focused on delivering the technology to take DeFi from billions to trillions. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like. We need you to join the team to help bring this vision to reality.