What is the role?
The primary function of the Junior Compliance Officer role will be to assist the Board of Directors to minimise corporate risk by ensuring compliance with procedures and legislation, updating Compliance Registers and Logs, scanning, and filing of compliance-related documentation, alongside the preparation and processing of Client Due Diligence and general administration for the Compliance team.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the directors and other staff with the efficient onboarding of new token-holders and business partners
- Carrying out sample testing of CDD collected via the Company’s electronic identity verification suppliers, as directed by the Board
- Assessing the CDD collected for compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements and where appropriate, escalate non-compliant cases
- Reviewing and evaluating sanctions and PEP checks and discounting or escalating, as appropriate
- Carrying out transaction monitoring in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, as directed by the Board
- Assist with carrying out manual CDD collection and assessment, where necessary
- Assist with updating and monitoring centralised databases and reporting to the Board
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s internal policies & procedures, and also relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Understand and be able to demonstrate understanding of AML related procedures relevant to the role
What skills do you need?
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in an Anti-Money Laundering or Client Due Diligence environment
- An understanding of regulatory requirements in Jersey
- Ideally hold an AML certification, or similar relevant qualification, or be willing to undertake study to complete certification after completion of probation
- Ideally knowledge of or interest in DeFi and Cryptocurrency
- Willing and able to be part of a team of professionals
- Good organisational & communication skills
- Be able to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Professional, confident and have a positive approach
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good IT skills - including proficient use of MS Excel and MS Word
- A flexible approach to work, including being prepared to get your ‘hands dirty’
- Desire to gain technical knowledge and a wide range of experience
We’re a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we’re living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fueled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to $40 billion in less than a year. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn’t even a rounding error on the over $111 trillion held in traditional finance. We’re focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
Radix went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi. Radix Tokens (Jersey) is the token issuing arm of the Radix group, which is also responsible for building fiat and crypto on and off ramps for the Radix network.
To apply for this position, click here to apply on Workable.