Head of Finance
Radix DLT Ltd
We are looking for a motivated and experienced self-starter to lead the overall financial strategy & operations for this exciting and fast-growing company.
You will have a passion for crypto currency, a good understanding of the space and a desire to keep learning, especially about what makes us different. You will be responsible for building out and managing FP&A, tax, treasury, cash management, fundraising, investor relations, exchange listings and more.
You will be comfortable and confident around supplier contracts, be familiar with managing service providers such as legal counsel, and be able to bang heads together to push key contracts to “done” in a timely manner.
You will also be responsible for managing some of Radix’s key commercial and corporate relationships as well as ensuring Radix’s regulatory compliance, which will involve liaising closely with regulatory authorities such as the FCA.
This position will play a crucial role in building out the financial and operational systems for Radix’s next phase of rapid growth.
- You will work closely with our external accountant to manage finance and accounting, ensuring the company’s financial reports are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Oversight of the day-to-day running of finance: payroll, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, UK VAT and R&D tax credits, among others
- Maintain P&L, BS, and Cash Flow Reporting for internal and external audiences, as well as regulatory and tax authorities
- Own the financial planning activities of the company (forecasting, budgeting, financial strategic planning)
- Ensure regulatory compliance through the application of relevant licences and the implementation of e.g. KYC/AML to keep our customers and Radix safe
- Take part in investor relations and communicate the company’s financial results, strategic direction etc. to relevant audiences (i.e.: company updates, investor updates, board updates & materials, etc.)
- Collaborate with team leads to ensure that the company meets its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible, proactively advising where there is room for process improvement or cost savings
- Act as a key part of the Radix senior management team and support the CEO, Chief of Staff and Head of Strategy in the decision making process with data and analysis
- Recruit, lead, inspire, engage and develop a team of talented professionals to deliver against business goals
- Other responsibilities may include: Project Management, Operations, Legal, Strategy (as required)
We’re a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we’re living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fueled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to $22 billion in less than a year. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn’t even a rounding error on the over $111 trillion held in traditional finance. We’re focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
Radix went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We’re keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we’re also blazing new ground in the areas of user experiences, developer tools, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like, together with the business case that assures adoption, and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now. Join us!
- A good understanding of cryptography, crypto-economics, blockchain technologies and smart contracts and a strong desire to learn
- Strong financial modeling skills with good knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Strong analytical abilities and the ability to assess information critically
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent people and communication skills
- 2+ years experience as a VP / Head of Finance or similar with a demonstrable track-record of successfully managing growing teams and scaling an organization of a similar size / stage
- A self-starter who is able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise work effectively
- And hands on mentality, leading from the front and happy to get involved in all aspects of Radix operations
- A strategic thinker with an ability to think outside the box where required
- A strong and proven problem solver who embraces accountability
- Analytically minded, applying data for decision making
- Passionate about how technology can change the world for the better
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex financial and accounting queries
- ACA/CFA/ACT is a strong advantage
- MSc/MBA is a plus but not required
- Experience leading start-up fundraises is a plus
- Treasury experience of liquidity management is also a plus
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to own part of the company through our options scheme. We know it’s the people that make a startup win and fail and we recognise that in our benefits
- Flexible working – our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- Meetups in exciting locations for the whole team (when we are able to again)
- A £2k training budget for conferences, workshops or training relevant to your role
- To be part of something amazing. We’re creating friction free access to the digital economy and it’s going to change the world
To apply for this position, click here to apply on Workable.