These rules (“Rules”) apply to any party (e.g., a Radix gateway, developer, bank or other Radix customer or client) wishing to use Radix’s trademarks, service marks, logos, word marks, graphics and similar intellectual property (a “Radix Brand Asset”) in promotional, advertising, instructional or reference materials, on websites, or in connection with products or services.
By using or reproducing a Radix Brand Asset you are agreeing to abide by these Rules which form a binding agreement between you and Radix. If you are using a Radix Brand Asset on behalf of a legal entity such as your employer, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity, and the terms “you” or “your” shall include such entity. If you do not agree to these Rules, you are not authorized to use any Radix Brand Asset.
The Rules are intended to promote consistent use of the Radix brand. This makes it easier for people to instantly recognize references to Radix and related products and prevents market confusion. The Rules are also intended to protect the Radix Brand Assets, which are valuable assets of Radix. Radix dedicates substantial resources to the development and protection of its intellectual property. In addition to seeking registration of its trademarks and logos around the world, Radix enforces its rights against people and companies that misuse its trademarks and other Radix Brand Assets. In following these Rules, you help Radix protect its valuable trademark rights from dilution and disparagement while also strengthening the Radix brand identities.
The following is a partial list of the trademarks owned by Radix: Radix, Scrypto, XRD and the Radix logo.
OWNERSHIP OF RADIX BRAND ASSETS
You acknowledge that Radix is the sole and exclusive owner of all Radix Brand Assets and derivatives thereof and that all goodwill derived from using any Radix Brand Asset inures exclusively to the benefit of Radix. You promise that you will not interfere with Radix’s rights in the Radix Brand Assets, including by challenging Radix’s use, registration, or application to register any Radix Brand Asset or by registering any Radix Brand Asset yourself anywhere in the world.
Except for the limited right to use Radix Brand Assets expressly permitted under these Rules, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. You agree that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Radix Brand Asset, including by using any Radix Brand Asset in connection with any unlawful, scandalous, obscene or fraudulent activities. You agree to use Radix Brand Assets in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulatory regimes. If you are a licensee of a Radix Brand Asset and have been provided with special trademark usage terms in your agreement with Radix, please follow those terms. If your agreement with Radix does not provide usage terms, then follow these Rules. If you have any questions regarding these Rules, please contact Radix at email@example.com
AUTHORIZED USE OF RADIX TRADEMARKS
1) Radix Logos: Only Radix and its authorized licensees may use Radix logos, word marks, and graphic symbols (including the Radix mark) in advertising, promotional and sales materials. If you are authorized to use Radix logos in your agreement with Radix then you must use the Radix logos only as specified in your agreement (and any associated usage terms) and such use must always include appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by your agreement (e.g., integrator, service provider, licensee, etc.). You should not use Radix logos, marks and images you may have found elsewhere on the web.
2) Compatibility and Referential Use: If you are using Radix products and services you may use Radix word marks in a referential manner on your website or in printed or electronic promotional/advertising materials to accurately describe that your product or service is compatible with or utilizes the referenced Radix product or service (including Radix technology). Any such use must comply with the following requirements: a) The Radix word mark is not part of the name of your product or service.
b) The Radix word mark appears less prominent than the name of your product or service.
c) The Radix word mark is used in a referential manner, using the phrase “built on Radix.”
d) Your product or service is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with or uses, the referenced Radix product or service.
e) All packaging and marketing and promotional materials for your product or service includes a disclaimer of affiliation with Radix, similar to the following: “[PRODUCT/SERVICE NAME] is a [PRODUCT/SERVICE] of [YOU] and has not been authorized, endorsed, sponsored or otherwise approved by Radix or its affiliates.”
f) The reference to Radix does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Radix or Radix products or services.
g) Your use does not show Radix or its products or services in a false or derogatory light.
h) For avoidance of doubt, the term “XRD” can be used in a referential manner to describe valid, legal business activities or purposes taking place via the Radix network or protocol, provided however, that its use is accurate, truthful, and in no way disparaging. “XRD” can be used in brand names of certain businesses only with the express written permission of Radix.
3) Events and Publications: You may use a Radix word mark in connection with events, seminars, conferences and articles (and related promotional materials) in a referential manner provided that you comply with the following requirements:
a) Your use of a Radix word mark in any title is less prominent than the rest of the title.
i) Acceptable: ABC Conference Regarding the Promise of Distributed Technologies and the Radix Protocol.
b) Your use reflects favourably on both Radix and Radix products and services.
c) Your name and logo appear more prominently than the Radix word mark on all printed and electronic materials advertising or marketing the article or event. To be clear, you may not present Radix Brand Assets in a way that makes them the most distinctive or prominent feature of what you’re creating.
d) Radix logos may not be included without Radix’s express written permission.
e) A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement by Radix, similar to the following, is included on the publication and all related marketing materials: “This [SITE, POST, BLOG, ARTICLE, EVENT, ETC.] is independent of Radix and has not been authorized, endorsed, sponsored or otherwise approved by Radix or its affiliates.”
f) A trademark attribution notice is included in a credit section giving notice of Radix’s ownership of its trademarks.
4) Websites: Websites that serve only as non-commercial electronic informational forums concerning virtual currency, blockchain technology, and Radix products and services may use the appropriate Radix word mark in a referential manner, provided that such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF RADIX BRAND ASSETS
1) No Registration or Domain Name: You may not register, in whole or in part, as a trademark, domain name or otherwise any Radix Brand Asset or an alteration or derivative thereof. You may not use an identical or virtually identical Radix trademark, in whole or in part, as a second level domain name.
a) Unacceptable: Radix-Gateway.com or BestRadixWallet.org
2) Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use, in whole or in part, any Radix Brand Asset, or an alteration or derivative thereof, as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not combine any Radix Brand Assets with your name, marks or generic terms.
3) Variations, or Derivatives: You may not modify Radix Brand Assets in any way, such as by changing a design or colour or adding words or elements. You cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, take-off or abbreviation of any Radix Brand Assets for any purpose without Radix’s express written permission.
4) Disparaging Manner: You may not use Radix Brand Assets in a disparaging manner. You may not feature Radix Brand Assets on materials associated with illegal activities (e.g. unlawful trades and fraudulent schemes) or obscene activities.
5) Endorsement: You may not use Radix Brand Assets in a manner that would imply Radix’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of your company or its activities, products or services. You may not use the Radix Brand Assets in any way that would confuse others as to the relationship between you and Radix or as to who offers your products or services.
6) Trade Dress: You may not imitate or make use of the layout or trade dress of Radix’s websites, technology, products or advertising. You may not use any trademarks, names, domain names, logos, or other content that imitates or could be confused with Radix.
7) Copyrights: You may not use any image or copyrighted materials on Radix’s website, such as charts, graphs, and product descriptions or announcements without clear and direct attribution.
8) Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Radix slogan or tagline.
STYLE GUIDE AND RULES FOR THE PROPER USE OF RADIX TRADEMARKS
1) Always spell and graphically represent Radix’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Style Guide Do not shorten or abbreviate Radix Brand Assets. Do not make up names that contain Radix Brand Assets.
2) The minimum clear space must be the height of the Radix “R” in every direction. Try to maximize clear space whenever possible.
PROPER TRADEMARK ATTRIBUTION
1) For uses in the United Kingdom, European Union, or United States, the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM or ®) should be included the first time the Radix trademark appears in the text. You are responsible for including the appropriate trademark symbol in respect of the Radix Brand Asset used. For uses outside the United States do not use trademark symbols – instead use one of the following credit notices in your materials:
a) for registered marks: “______________ is a registered trademark of Radix DLT Limited” and;
b) for unregistered marks: “___________ is a trademark of Radix DLT Limited”
2) For products or services distributed with or using Radix owned technology, include an attribution of Radix’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication:
a) for registered marks: “________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Radix DLT Limited” and;
b) for unregistered marks: “_______ and _______ are trademarks of Radix DLT Limited” I agree to the Radix Brand Policy